Characteristics of Mountain Lion vs. Dog Tracks
Mountain Lion (left image)
1. Claw marks generally absent. If present, they will be sharp and narrow.
2. Four tear-drop shaped toes, grouped asymmetrically.
3. Trapezoidal-shaped heel pad.
4. Three-lobed heel pad with two indentations along rear margin.
Dog (right image)
1. Toenail prints generally present will be broad and blunt.
2. Four, round-shaped toes, grouped symmetrically.
3. Triangular-shaped heel pad.
4. Heel pad lacks distinct indentations and three-lobed appearance.