This position will work directly on Wildlife Diversity projects for the Wildlife Department. The Wildlife Diversity program is committed to species of greatest conservation need that are not hunted or fished. The position will allow students to work in fisheries, information and education and wildlife divisions to gain a thorough understanding of how the Wildlife Department operates. It will provide a well-rounded experience, as students will assist in a variety of office and field projects. In-state travel may be required.
The following are proposed projects and are subject to change:
· Environmental Reviews.
· In-stream Flow Sampling.
· Mussel Sampling.
· Arkansas Darter and Leopard Darter Sampling.
· Fish Kill Investigations.
· Monitor and Record Least Tern Nesting Colonies.
· Vertebrate Surveys on Recent Land Acquisition Sites.
· Assist on Breeding Bird Survey Routes.
· Review/Enter Data from Texas Horned Lizard Reports.
· Prepare Climate Change Adaptation Report.
· Write Species Profiles and Summary of High Conservation Priority Species.
· Promote the Wildlife Diversity Program at Special Events.
· Administer Wildlife Department Educational Programs and Camp.
· Currently enrolled in a college or university.
· Classified junior or senior as of fall 2013.
· Working toward a wildlife, fisheries, or other related degree.
· Ability to commute with reliable transportation to ODWC headquarters in Oklahoma City within one hour.
Please submit an ODWC application, resume, transcript(s) and cover letter to:
Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation
C/O Human Resources
P.O. Box 53465
Oklahoma City, OK 73152
ODWC applications are available for pick-up at the Oklahoma City headquarters office and may be downloaded online at wildlifedepartment.com. Emailed applications and resumes without the Department’s application will not be accepted. Please write Wildlife Diversity Internship in the “Position Applying For” section of the Department’s application form. Initial background checks will be conducted. Please contact Rachel Bradley for further information (405) 522-3087.