Tag along with Paul and Debbie as they you how to catch sandbass with live shad and then snag a paddlefish all in one day.
Ryan and Todd Fishing
Our host, Todd Craighead, shares a special day fishing with a little girl who has the same rare birth defect as him.
How to Hunt Morel Mushrooms
Spring time is a perfect opportunity to hunt not only turkeys, but a rare delicacy of the woods, morel mushrooms.
Bassmaster Classic 2016
The 2016 Bassmaster Classic was held in Oklahoma at Grand Lake in NE Oklahoma and the BOK Center in downtown Tulsa. We show you highlights from this event as well as take you behind the scenes and show you what happens to the fish once they are weighted in on the arena stage. We also give you a look at what its like to be a fishing industry insider. Additional footage courtesy of B.A.S.S.
Wintertime Striped Bass
In this episode we travel to Lake Texoma as we go after some big, wintertime striped bass. Our anglers show us their preferred wintertime technique, dead sticking. Watch and see why Lake Texoma is considered one of the best striped bass fisheries in the country!
FEATURED IN THE JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2019 ISSUE:
- “There’s Quail in Them Thar Hills!” The timberlands of southeastern Oklahoma might seem like an odd place to hunt for quail, but it’s been happening for the past several years in the name of research.
- Want to win a controlled hunt? What are the odds? Learn just that by examining statistics from last year's hunt drawings to plan your application strategy for this year's drawings.
- Wildlife Diversity Information Specialist Jena Donnell takes readers back 12,000 years to a remarkable archaeological site “Where Buffalo Roamed” on the Cooper Wildlife Management Area.
- The Lower Mountain Fork River proves quite challenging for some of the best youth fly fishermen in the world as they sharpen their skills on this “World-class Water.”
- In the regular "Watchable Wildlife" feature, Whitney Jenkins profiles the North American beaver, which is the largest rodent found in Oklahoma.
- Our regular "Off the Beaten Path" section features "Game Warden's Journal," "Game Bag," "Outdoor Calendar" and much more.
BECOME A SUBSCRIBER TODAY!
- View Past Issues Online
- Magazine Article Index
- Readers' Photography Showcase
- Freelance Guidelines
- Magazine Staff
MAGAZINE CUSTOMER SERVICE
To renew your subscription, please call (800) 777-0019.