Ryan and Todd Fishing
Our host, Todd Craighead, shares a special day fishing with a little girl who has the same rare birth defect as him.
How to Hunt Morel Mushrooms
Spring time is a perfect opportunity to hunt not only turkeys, but a rare delicacy of the woods, morel mushrooms.
Bassmaster Classic 2016
The 2016 Bassmaster Classic was held in Oklahoma at Grand Lake in NE Oklahoma and the BOK Center in downtown Tulsa. We show you highlights from this event as well as take you behind the scenes and show you what happens to the fish once they are weighted in on the arena stage. We also give you a look at what its like to be a fishing industry insider. Additional footage courtesy of B.A.S.S.
Wintertime Striped Bass
In this episode we travel to Lake Texoma as we go after some big, wintertime striped bass. Our anglers show us their preferred wintertime technique, dead sticking. Watch and see why Lake Texoma is considered one of the best striped bass fisheries in the country!
Lacey Swope Outdoors Woman
Lacey Swope is a popular meteorologist on News9 in Oklahoma City. She has become a role model and an ambassador for outdoor enthusiasts in Oklahoma, often times incorporating her passion for hunting and fishing into her on air weather forecasts. Get to know Lacey as we follow her in the woods, on the water and in the studio. We also highlight the National Wild Turkey Federations Women in the Outdoors program and how they help introduce women to the outdoors.
FEATURED IN THE MARCH/APRIL 2018 ISSUE:
- It's springtime, when a young man's (or woman's) fancy turns to ... fishing! Information & Education Specialist Skyler St. Yves describes some awesome angling using artificial lures, the focus of this issue's 2018 Anglers' Guide.
- We are talking turkey with Information & Education Specialist Kelly Adams, who tells us about one of Oklahoma's greatest conservation success stories.
- There's still plenty of time this year to enjoy some remarkable bird watching during this Year of the Bird, writes Information & Education Specialist Jena Donnell.
- In the regular "Watchable Wildlife" feature, Micah Stevens takes a peek at a peeper -- a spring peeper to be exact. These tiny frogs can produce a large chorus as they herald the arrival of spring.
- Our regular "Off the Beaten Path" section features "Game Warden's Journal," "Game Bag," "Outdoor Calendar" and much more.
BECOME A SUBSCRIBER TODAY!
- View Past Issues Online
- Magazine Article Index
- Readers' Photography Showcase
- Freelance Guidelines
- Magazine Staff
MAGAZINE CUSTOMER SERVICE
To renew your subscription, please call (800) 777-0019.