Ryan and Todd Fishing
Our host, Todd Craighead, shares a special day fishing with a little girl who has the same rare birth defect as him.
How to Hunt Morel Mushrooms
Spring time is a perfect opportunity to hunt not only turkeys, but a rare delicacy of the woods, morel mushrooms.
Bassmaster Classic 2016
The 2016 Bassmaster Classic was held in Oklahoma at Grand Lake in NE Oklahoma and the BOK Center in downtown Tulsa. We show you highlights from this event as well as take you behind the scenes and show you what happens to the fish once they are weighted in on the arena stage. We also give you a look at what its like to be a fishing industry insider. Additional footage courtesy of B.A.S.S.
Wintertime Striped Bass
In this episode we travel to Lake Texoma as we go after some big, wintertime striped bass. Our anglers show us their preferred wintertime technique, dead sticking. Watch and see why Lake Texoma is considered one of the best striped bass fisheries in the country!
Lacey Swope Outdoors Woman
Lacey Swope is a popular meteorologist on News9 in Oklahoma City. She has become a role model and an ambassador for outdoor enthusiasts in Oklahoma, often times incorporating her passion for hunting and fishing into her on air weather forecasts. Get to know Lacey as we follow her in the woods, on the water and in the studio. We also highlight the National Wild Turkey Federations Women in the Outdoors program and how they help introduce women to the outdoors.
FEATURED IN THE JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2018 ISSUE:
- A new wildlife management area opened to the public this past autumn. Readers get a first look at Arbuckle Springs, perhaps the most ecologically diverse public areas managed by the Wildlife Department..
- Want to see a remarkable sampling of nature? Look no further than Red Slough Wildlife Management Area in far southeastern Oklahoma. Wildlife Diversity Information Specialist Jena Donnell tells us about this area that was recently named to the U.S. Forest Service's 2017 list of Top NautreWatch Viewing Sites.
- Our annual report on Controlled Hunt Selections can be found in this issue. Learn how you can play the odds to possibly increase you chances of getting drawn for your hunt of a lifetime.
- In the regular "Watchable Wildlife" feature, Laura Eckart profiles America's tallest bird, the whooping crane. These birds have made a respectiable comeback from the brink of extinction with the help of intensive conservation efforts.
- Our regular "Off the Beaten Path" section features "Game Warden's Journal," "Game Bag," "Outdoor Calendar" and much more.
BECOME A SUBSCRIBER TODAY!
MAGAZINE CUSTOMER SERVICE
To renew your subscription, please call (800) 777-0019.