Are you interested in a career as a game warden or perhaps a fisheries or wildlife biologist? The Oklahoma Wildlife Department Youth Camp is an excellent opportunity for youth to explore possible future careers in wildlife management. In order to give participants a better understanding of wildlife and fisheries management and law enforcement, the entire camp is conducted by game wardens, wildlife and fisheries professionals and dedicated hunters and anglers.
When is it?
The 2023 Youth Camp is June 18 - 23 at the OU Biological Station. The deadline to apply is April 15th, see details below on how to apply.
Who should attend?
Youth camp is competitively open to all Oklahoma youth 14 to 16 years old. All applying youth must have been enrolled in school the previous year and have an interest in wildlife law enforcement or management.
What will you learn?
Fishing, self-defense, wildlife law enforcement, archery, wildlife identification, rifle/shotgun shooting, ropes course, wildlife management, waterfowl/deer/turkey hunting, and enforcement.
How to Apply?
- Be 14-16 years of age (applicants must turn 14 prior to June 18, 2023).
- Write an essay (about 75 words) describing why they wish to attend the camp, why they should be selected, and what they expect to learn.
- Provide one letter of recommendation (by someone other than a family member).
- Provide a photograph of a recent outdoor-related event or activity.
- Be ready to have a fun week!