Lacey Swope Outdoors Woman
Lacey Swope is a popular meteorologist on News9 in Oklahoma City. She has become a role model and an ambassador for outdoor enthusiasts in Oklahoma, often times incorporating her passion for hunting and fishing into her on air weather forecasts. Get to know Lacey as we follow her in the woods, on the water and in the studio. We also highlight the National Wild Turkey Federations Women in the Outdoors program and how they help introduce women to the outdoors.
Outdoor Oklahoma 40 Year Anniversary Special
In 1976, Outdoor Oklahoma began airing its weekly television show on the OETA network across Oklahoma. Forty years later, Outdoor Oklahoma continues its relationship with OETA, bringing quality outdoor programming across Oklahoma every Sunday morning at 8am. In this episode, current host Todd Craighead sits down with many of the previous hosts and producers to talk about the successes of the past 40 years and beyond.
How To Make a Knife
In this segment we visit with an accomplished knife maker who shows us just how easy it is to build a knife.
Historic Flood of 2015
In 2015, Oklahoma experienced what experts have called an unprecedented event. How were fish and wildlife affected?
Opening Day Lake Hefner May 30th, 1946
Enjoy film footage of the opening day of Fishing at Lake Hefner in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. 70 years of great fishing in the Oklahoma City area.
FEATURED IN THE NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2018 ISSUE:
- It's been a year of waiting, but it's finally here! The annual Outdoor Oklahoma Calendar Issue features a special pullout section with great photos featuring the state's natural wonders.
- Wildlife Diversity Information Specialist Jena Donnell travels to the state's oldest wildlife management area for a look at one of the state's rarest birds. Endangered red-cockaged woodpeckers make their home in te McCurtain County Wilderness Area.
- Dedicated to the sportsmen and sportswomen of Oklahoma, the Wildlife Department's renovated headquarters building in Oklahoma City is now open for business.
- Our yearlong "Focus on Hunter Education" culminates with information about staying safe with firearms.
- In the regular "Watchable Wildlife" feature, Whitney Jenkins profiles the pronghorn, a species all to itself.
- Our regular "Off the Beaten Path" section features "Game Warden's Journal," "Game Bag," "Outdoor Calendar" and much more.
BECOME A SUBSCRIBER TODAY!
- View Past Issues Online
- Magazine Article Index
- Readers' Photography Showcase
- Freelance Guidelines
- Magazine Staff
MAGAZINE CUSTOMER SERVICE
To renew your subscription, please call (800) 777-0019.