Looking for a nearby lake or pond to fish?
There are 46 ponds and small lakes open to the public statewide which offer quality fishing opportunities to anglers of all skill levels. Agreements with multiple municipalities around Oklahoma make all of this possible. Each pond is intensely managed and receives extra attention when it comes to fish stocking, harvest, special events, angler access and water quality.
Close to Home Fishing waters have the following restrictions:
- Fishing is limited to no more than three rods and reels per person.
- No more than three hooks per line are allowed (treble hooks are considered one hook).
- No other fishing methods are allowed.
- “Close To Home” waters have an aggregate (any combination) limit of three (3) panfish (including bluegill, readear, green sunfish, hybrid sunfish), rainbow trout and channel catfish per person, per day.
- No netting of any kind (including cast netting).
- For all other species, see Statewide Daily & Size Limits.