Sooner Lake (Google Map) is located 25 miles north of Stillwater and 20 miles south of Ponca City on US 177.
OG+E manages two boat ramps.
- Academy (Stillwater)- (405) 742-6010
- Lake McMurtry West Bait Shop- (405) 747-8085
- Walmart Supercenter (Stillwater)- (405) 707-0744
- Lakeview Campground, Boat Storage, Bait Shop & Store- (580) 765-2219
- Cowboy Corner at Lake Carl Blackwell- (405) 743-1977
- Walmart Supercenter (Ponca City)- (580) 762-0395
- R.C. Bait and Tackle- (405) 880-5522
- Bubba's Outdoor Sports- (580) 262-2275
- Grit & Grace Outdoors- (580) 362-1016
- Keystone Lake Bait & Store- (918) 899-2649
Florida strain largemouth bass, hybrid striped bass and saugeye are stocked. Brush piles are put into the lake for fish habitat.
West Boat Ramp is ADA compliant.
Striped bass: 5 per day, minimum length of 20 inches; others must be returned to the water immediately. Walleye, sauger and saugeye: six combined per day/18-inch minimum.
Allowed methods: rod and reel, bowfishing, and noodling. Fishing is prohibited from dam, fenced area below dam, and north bank of intake channel. Fishing in the buoy-marked intake channel, discharge channel and spillway embankment is bank fishing only (no float tubes or wading).
Closed to all seasons except waterfowl.
Sep 26. Elevation is Normal (stable), water temperature 75°F and clear.
Bass, Striped Hybrid Good on crankbaits, jigs, live shad around discharge, main lake.
Bass, Largemouth Slow on jerk baits, plastic baits around brush structure, rocks, weed beds.
Report submitted by Stephen Paul (Game Warden Noble County)