Tag along with Paul and Debbie as they you how to catch sandbass with live shad and then snag a paddlefish all in one day.
Ryan and Todd Fishing
Our host, Todd Craighead, shares a special day fishing with a little girl who has the same rare birth defect as him.
How to Hunt Morel Mushrooms
Spring time is a perfect opportunity to hunt not only turkeys, but a rare delicacy of the woods, morel mushrooms.
Bassmaster Classic 2016
The 2016 Bassmaster Classic was held in Oklahoma at Grand Lake in NE Oklahoma and the BOK Center in downtown Tulsa. We show you highlights from this event as well as take you behind the scenes and show you what happens to the fish once they are weighted in on the arena stage. We also give you a look at what its like to be a fishing industry insider. Additional footage courtesy of B.A.S.S.
Wintertime Striped Bass
In this episode we travel to Lake Texoma as we go after some big, wintertime striped bass. Our anglers show us their preferred wintertime technique, dead sticking. Watch and see why Lake Texoma is considered one of the best striped bass fisheries in the country!
FEATURED IN THE SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2018 ISSUE:
- Archery deer hunters set a new record during the 2017-18 season, harvesting 29,094 deer. The total deer harvest was up 9 percent from the previous year. See all the stats from this past deer season in the 2017-18 Big Game Report.
- Wildlife Diversity Information Specialist Jena Donnell takes us to the Ozark Plateau National Wildlife Refuge as biologists study the wide variety of bats that use the area.
- Looking for a place for some rest and relaxation? Our Destination Outdoors! in this issue is Crowder Lake University Park, and Laura Eckart takes us for a visit.
- Our yearlong "Focus on Hunter Education" continues with information about staying safe while in the field.
- In the regular "Watchable Wildlife" feature, Curtis Brock profiles the wood duck, a waterfowl species that makes its nest in holes in trees.
- Our regular "Off the Beaten Path" section features "Game Warden's Journal," "Game Bag," "Outdoor Calendar" and much more.
BECOME A SUBSCRIBER TODAY!
- View Past Issues Online
- Magazine Article Index
- Readers' Photography Showcase
- Freelance Guidelines
- Magazine Staff
MAGAZINE CUSTOMER SERVICE
To renew your subscription, please call (800) 777-0019.