Frequently Asked Questions

Hunter Education

You must complete a hunter education course to become an instructor. After that complete and return a volunteer application. Before becoming an instructor, you will have to attend a hunter education instructor workshop, pass an interview with the local game warden or program coordinator, teach a one hour segment of hunter education under the supervision of a certified instructor or game warden and pass a background check. For more information contact Lance Meek, Hunter Education Coordinator, at (405)522-4572.

All classroom materials are provided for you by the hunter education instructor. Be aware that most classes last 8 hours, the instructor will provide adequate breaks.  Be sure to preregister for your course if necessary. If your class is a home study course, bring along the home study portion (either the printed certificate or your completed workbook). DO NOT bring any firearms or ammunition to class.

Anyone can complete the online course, however you must be 10 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER to receive hunter education certification from the course. Make sure when you register for the class online that you enter the correct date of birth.

Call (866)521-2444 or email from 6 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday.

Students under the age of ten may attend a hunter education class, but will not be allowed to take the test or get a card.

You will only be able to access your card if you have the exact information in our database. First try any other name the card could possibly be under. For example, if your name is “Michael” but you go by “Mike” try both names. If you still can’t find it, call (405)521-3855. The more information you have, the better. We can use any of the following information to help you find your card: name, date of birth, social security number, location of your course, course instructor or the year of your course. We do not have access to card information from other states.

You can replace your Oklahoma hunter education card by printing it off of at Simply type your name and date of birth exactly as it would appear on the original card. If you would like a hard plastic replacement card fill out this form and send a copy along with $5.00 to PO Box 53465, Oklahoma City, OK 73152. If you have any issues call (405)521-3855.


To make arrangement to have your deer scored contact Wildlife Division at (405) 521-2730.

For more information about the Cy Curtis Awards Program