Chickasaw NRA covers 4,500 acres located in Murray County, Oklahoma, near the town of Sulphur. It consists of post oak-blackjack timber, mixed with native grass openings.
Contact NPS for Firearms Restrictions on Area at (580) 622-3161.Contact NPS for Firearms Restrictions on Area at (580) 622-3161.
East entrances – From Sulphur: 1 mile south on U.S. Hwy 177, 1 mile west on Veterans Lake Rd, turn south and park on south side of lake dam to walk into area. Continue another 1¼ miles south on U.S. Hwy 177, turn west on Cedar Blue Rd and travel 4 miles to the area. Continue another 2 miles south on U.S. Hwy 177, turn west on Buckhorn Rd and travel 2 miles into the area.West entrances – From Sulphur: On State Hwy 7 at McDonald’s and Wal-Mart, 2½ miles south on Charles Cooper Memorial Rd to area. From Davis: 2 ½ miles east on State Hwy 7, 1 mile south on Chickasaw Trail, 1 mile east on Fairview Rd to area. Continue another 1 mile south on Chickasaw Trail and 1 mile east on Primrose Ln to Eagle Bay. Continue 1¼ miles south on Chickasaw Trail and turn southeast on Guy Sandy Rd to area.
- Quail: Bobwhite quail are present in low numbers.
- Deer: White-tailed deer are present in good numbers.
- Turkey: Rio Grande wild turkeys are present in good numbers.
- Rabbit: Cottontails are present in good numbers and can be found across the area.
- Furbearers: Coyote, bobcat, and raccoon are available.
- Dove: Present in fair numbers in season.
- Waterfowl: Waterfowl can usually be found in fair numbers.
- Bald Eagle: Eagles winter in all areas of the WMA.
Management efforts focus on producing native wildlife foods. Prescribed burns are conducted when conditions permit.
In designated areas only.
Fishing opportunities exist on the area’s many small ponds. Lake Arbuckle offers excellent opportunities for white bass and crappie. Black bass and catfish species are also present.
Chickasaw NRA is owned and managed by the National Park Service. Contact the NRA for specific area use regulations (580) 622-7234.
Same As Statewide Seasons
Hunter and angler camping is allowed in designated areas.
Some areas are open to archery hunting and shotgun hunting with pellets only.
Chickasaw National Recreation Area