The Lake of the Arbuckles is a 2,350-acre reservoir formed by the impoundment of Guy Sandy, Buckhorn, and Rock Creeks, approximately 8 miles southwest of Sulphur in Murray County, Oklahoma. It was constructed by the Bureau of Reclamation in 1967 and has a watershed of 126 square miles in south-central Oklahoma. It is operated by the Bureau of Reclamation.
Lake of the Arbuckles (Google Map) is located 6 miles southwest of Sulphur in between SH 7 and US 177 within the Chickasaw National Recreation Area.
The National Park Service manages campgrounds with full RV hookups, boat ramps, covered fishing piers and designated swimming areas.
- Arbuckle Bait Box- (580) 622-5359
- Buckhorn Bait- (405) 487-8180
- Point Bait Shop- (580) 622-6338
- Walmart Supercenter (Sulphur)- (580) 622-6146
- Walmart Supercenter (Ardmore)- (580) 226-1257
- Academy (Ardmore)- (580) 768-6429
- Dickey's Tackle Box
- Jones Wholesale Bait Inc- (580) 224-9944
- Lake Country Store- (580) 226-0030
- Scotty's Blue River One Stop- (580) 371-9288
Largemouth and smallmouth bass: six combined per day. Largemouth and smallmouth bass between 13 and 16 inches must be released.
All crappie: 15 combined per day/10-inch minimum.