Love Valley WMA covers 7,746 acres of south central and eastern Love County, located just east of Interstate 35.
Post oak-blackjack timber dominates the uplands with bottom land hardwoods occurring next to the Red River. Native grasslands comprised of little bluestem and Indian grass dominate the upland openings.
Tuck’s Ferry portion
From Marietta: 3 miles south on U.S. Hwy 77, 7 miles east on Love Valley Rd. Addington Bend portion – From Marietta: 7 miles south on U.S. Hwy 77, 3 miles east on Addington Bend Rd (E2190).
Brown’s Spring portion
From U.S. Interstate 35: Exit 1, turn east to 2nd stop light, 1/3 mile south on Brown’s Spring Rd.
- Quail: Bobwhite quail are present in low numbers.
- Deer: White-tailed deer are present in good numbers but are highly sought after.
- Turkey: Rio Grande turkeys are present in fair numbers but are highly sought after.
- Rabbit: Both cottontails and swamp rabbits are very common.
- Furbearers: Coyote, bobcat, and raccoon are available.
- Dove: Doves are usually present on the many agricultural fields in Addington Bend.
- Waterfowl: Ducks are usually present in good numbers near the confluence of the Red River and Lake Texoma.
- Squirrel: A very good population of fox squirrel exists.
- Bald Eagle: Eagles winter on the Love Valley WMA.
- Least Interior Terns: Least Interior Terns nest on the sandbars of Red River each summer.
Large agricultural fields are present throughout the WMA. Extensive mudflats along the Red River arm of Lake Texoma are seeded annually to enhance waterfowl habitat.
Several undesignated primitive camping areas are offered on the area, while both lodging and restaurants are available in Marietta and Ardmore. The Love County Chamber of Commerce can be reached at (580) 276-3102.
Lakes on area:
Fishing opportunities exist at Lake Texoma, famous for stripers, catfish, crappie, and bass.
All shotgun hunting is restricted to federally approved nontoxic shot on the Stevens Springs WDU portion.
Same As Statewide Seasons
Hunter and angler camping is allowed within 50 yards of open roads.