The red arrow indicates the tile to click for submitting applications for controlled hunts from your Go Outdoors Oklahoma account page.
* * *
Apply for Controlled Hunts Via Go Outdoors Oklahoma Account
The Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation's popular controlled hunts program is open for online applications through May 22.
This program offers once-in-a-lifetime elk and antelope hunts, highly sought-after buck hunts, and a range of other quality deer and turkey hunting opportunities through randomized drawings that only cost sportsmen $5 to enter. Hunts are held on Wildlife Department or other government-owned or managed lands where unrestricted hunting would pose safety concerns or where overharvest might occur otherwise.
The only method to apply for a controlled hunt is through the hunter’s personal account at Go Outdoors Oklahoma, the Wildlife Department's new online licensing website. Follow these steps:
- Log in to your account at license.GoOutdoorsOklahoma.com
- Click on the “Controlled Hunts” tile at the top right of the page.
- Check preference points and apply for the hunts of your choosing. You may apply as an individual or create or join a party application.
- Pay your one-time $5 entry fee online through the secure Go Outdoors Oklahoma system.
Applicants should find the new process this year to be much easier to complete than in years past. In case of discrepancies with your account, please call the Help Desk at (833) 721-1035 or email HelpDesk@GoOutdoorsOklahoma.
“You just can't beat $5 for a chance at an Oklahoma big game or gobbler hunt in the unique areas offered through this program,” said Melinda Streich, assistant director of administration and finance for the Wildlife Department. “Whether you want to hunt a bull elk in the Wichita Mountains, an antelope in the Panhandle or a trophy buck at locations across the state like the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant, the controlled hunts program is one of the best things going in Oklahoma hunting.”
Log on to www.wildlifedepartment.com/
2018-19 CONTROLLED HUNTS
More than 4,000 people had the opportunity to participate in a controlled hunt last year! Many of them experienced the hunt of a lifetime! Here are some numbers:
- Elk Hunts: 203 hunters harvested 141 elk.
- Pronghorn Antelope Hunts: 67 hunters harvested 50 pronghorns.
- Deer Hunts: 3,147 hunters harvested 735 deer.
- Youth Deer Hunts: 678 youth hunters harvested 347 deer.
- Turkey Hunts: 73 hunters harvested 29 turkeys.