Outdoor Groups Plan Busy Weeks Ahead
for Events, Fundraisers
The coming weeks are going to be especially active with local events that support wildlife and conservation causes in Oklahoma and throughout the nation. These organizations are valued partners with the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation in its efforts to manage and conserve the state’s wildlife resources and habitat.
Patrons attending these events, and others throughout the year, not only help fund the activities of the organizations themselves but also help create donations to the Wildlife Department. Here’s a sampling of some of the larger events coming up in the next several weeks.
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Tulsa chapter will hold its banquet and charity auction at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018, in the Ford Truck Exhibit Hall at the Tulsa Fairgrounds. It’s an evening of fun, food, friends, games, and auctions where patrons can buy and win some great items including camping and hunting gear, artwork, hunts, and more. RSVP due by Feb. 19. For more, go to https://events.rmef.org/shop/
tulsa or call Gary at (918) 695-5100.
- NatureWorks will hold its 2018 Art Show and Sale on Feb. 24-25 at the Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center. A patron party will be Friday evening, Feb. 23. Art lovers can browse paintings, sculptures and wooden carvings by the top wildlife, western and landscape artists from across the United States. Thirty percent of each art sale goes toward supporting the development and conservation of Oklahoma’s natural habitats, as well as the creatures living in and depending on those habitats. For more, go to www.natureworks.org/art-show.
- The Oklahoma Station chapter of Safari Club International will hold its 33rd annual Convention Banquet and Fundraiser at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, March 10, 2018, at Embassy Suites by Hilton in Norman. The event is a spectacular night with friends and colleagues that patrons will not soon forget. It’s a gala night of fun, dining, prizes and auction deals of a lifetime. For more, go to www.oklahomastationsci.org/
Auction/Auction-Home.html or call (580) 609-0900.
- Quail Forever Oklahoma will hold its State Habitat Convention 2018 on March 23-24 at Embassy Suites on South Meridian in Oklahoma City. A VIP event will be March 22. Catch up on the latest quail research, learn tips and tricks for cooking wild game from celebrity chef Hank Shaw, learn from experts on best land management practices for quail and learn how to quail hunt if you've never tried, plus more. For details, go to www.oklahomaquailforever.org/
stateconvention or call Laura at (907) 750-2600.
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Oklahoma River chapter will hold its banquet and charity auction at 5 p.m. Saturday, March. 24, 2018, in the Reed Conference Center in Midwest City. This is the do-not-miss social event of the year with a chance to win top notch firearms, personal items, hunting gear and exclusive home furnishings! Plus the kind of fun, fellowship and sense of purpose and accomplishment that keeps most attendees coming back year after year. RSVP due by March 19. For more, go to https://events.rmef.org/shop/
oklahomariver or call Gayle (405) 642-5756.
- National Wild Turkey Federationchapters throughout Oklahoma will hold many fundraising banquets on various dates through March. NWTF events are scheduled in Miami, Elk City, Hydro, Poteau, El Reno, Seminole, Durant, Dewey, Ada, Muskogee, Medicine Park, Tahlequah, Crescent, Woodward, Wagoner, Tulsa, McAlester and Pryor. Patrons are urged to come out and lend support to local NWTF chapters to support habitat work for wild turkeys and other species that benefit as well. For details, go to www.nwtf.org/events.
- Ducks Unlimited chapters throughout Oklahoma will hold many fundraising banquets in the coming weeks on various dates through March. DU events are scheduled in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Enid, Poteau, Wagoner and Stillwater. Patrons are urged to attend and support the local DU chapters. For details, go to www.ducks.org/events.