Eufaula tailwaters that are characterized by highly variable flows dependent upon flood or hydropower releases. Both sides of the dam are popular for fisherman as the flows can attract a large variety of fish species. The Lower Canadian winds it way through sandy bottomlands approximately 27 miles before it’s confluence with the Arkansas river in the R.S. Kerr pool. Access is highly limited and the shallow braided nature of the river makes navigation by boat very difficult.
Take Hwy 71 W 6.5 miles off of Hwy 2.
Parking and vault toilets are provided on both sides of the river. A primitive launching site is available on the south side of the dam at your own risk.
- Double K Bait & More- (918) 613-4101
- JJ's Bait Shop- (918) 552-2272
- B & B Bait & Tackle- (918) 652-5117
- Belle Starr Marina- (918) 689-2132
- Newman Wholesale Fishing Tackle Distribution
- Eufaula Cove Marina- (918) 689-7723
- Flamingo Fish & Marine
- Lake Eufaula Marina- (918) 689-7337
- Dave's Bait & Tackle- (918) 489-2424
- Lakeside One Stop- (918) 334-6180
The Lower Canadian river has been used as an area for collecting Striped bass broodstock for the production of hybrid striped bass for statewide use.