R.C. Longmire Lake (Google Map) is located 12 miles east of Pauls Valley on SH 19 and 2 miles south on N 3340 Rd.
City of Pauls Valley manages campsites with full RV hookups, boat ramps and fishing jetties.
- Walmart Supercenter (Pauls Valley)- (405) 238-7353
- Walmart Supercenter (Sulphur)- (580) 622-6146
- Point Bait Shop- (580) 622-6338
- Arbuckle Bait Box- (580) 622-5359
- Bailey's Outdoor Shop- (580) 332-8786
- Walmart Supercenter (Ada)- (580) 332-2232
- Buckhorn Bait- (405) 487-8180
- Walmart Supercenter (Purcell)- (405) 527-5621
- Keith's Country Store- (405) 905-0359
- Calypso Cove Marina- (405) 360-9846
This lake was constructed in 1989. Named after the late R.C. Longmire who among others, saw the need for another water supply lake. With over 900 acres of surface water, one just needs to drive out to the lake to observe the scenic beauty of this lake. Although constructed primarily as a water supply lake it was envisioned that the recreational opportunities of this lake were endless. How right they were! Longmire Lake offers recreational opportunities such as fishing, boating, camping, hiking, bird watching, hunting, and swimming. Longmire Lake also has a pavilion for social functions and has modern bathroom facilities.
With the help of the Oklahoma Wildlife Department, Longmire Lake has been designated as a trophy bass lake. Since 1990 Florida bass have been stocked in this lake and is monitored by the ODWC on a semi-annual basis to help ensure the lake’s status as a trophy bass lake. Since the construction of Longmire lake, it has become a favorite wintering habitat for bald eagles having as many as a dozen eagles at one time.
Fish surveys are conducted every five years. Brush piles are put in the lake for fish habitat in addition to fish stockings.