Operated by Oklahoma State Parks. Impounded in 1939 as a water supply for Camp Gruber, Greenleaf's primary purpose now is classified as recreation. Located on the Western edge of the Ozarks, Greenleaf is surrounded by hills covered with oak/hickory forest and provides a secluded setting. The only lake access is through Greenleaf State Park, an award-winning state park with camping and other recreational opportunities. The dam is a spillway, so water levels are stable, which has allowed aquatic vegetation to become established. Fishing is the most popular activity on the lake.
Greenleaf Lake (Google Map) is located 10 miles north of US 64 on SH 10.
Oklahoma State Parks manages campgrounds with full RV hookups, marina, fishing docks and a boat ramp.
- Dave's Bait & Tackle(304 S Main St, Gore, OK 74435)- (918) 489-2424
- Mike's Outdoors(2015 N York St, Muskogee, OK 74403)- (918) 687-3146
- Dunham's Sports(2346 E Shawnee Rd, Muskogee, OK 74403)- (918) 913-4250
- Walmart Supercenter (Muskogee)(1000 W Shawnee St, Muskogee, OK 74401)- (918) 687-0058
- Bait Barn(550 W Harris Rd, Muskogee, OK 74403)- (918) 682-4479
- Jimmy Houston Outdoors Store(25148 OK-82, Park Hill, OK 74451)- (918) 456-1156
- Mater's Bait & Tackle(7500 N York Rd, Okay, OK 74446)
- Walmart Supercenter (Tahlequah)(2020 Muskogee Ave, Tahlequah, OK 74464)- (918) 456-8804
- Walmart Supercenter (Sallisaw)(1101 W Ruth Ave, Sallisaw, OK 74955)- (918) 775-4492
- JJ's Bait Shop(20108 N County Rd 4460, Stigler, OK 74462)- (918) 552-2272
Channel catfish have been stocked in the lake, most recently in 2021. In 2017, retired Florida bass brooders were stocked in hopes to introduce Florida bass genes to increase trophy bass potential.
Muskogee County 918-487-5196
Channel and/or blue catfish: six combined per day.
Jun 2. Elevation is Normal (stable), water temperature 78°F and stained.
Bass, Largemouth Fair on crankbaits, jerk baits, plastic baits, small lures, spinnerbaits, topwater lures around brush structure, docks, points, rocks, shorelines.
Catfish, Blue, Catfish, Channel Slow on chicken liver, minnows, shad, worms around channels, coves, docks.
Crappie, Black, Crappie, White Fair on in-line spinnerbaits, jigs, minnows, slabs, small lures around brush structure, docks.
Report submitted by Dylan Langford (Game Warden Muskogee County)
Fish Species of Interest
Eagle Scout Prospect Builds Bat Boxes
A group of Scouts gathered to plan, build, and install three rocket-style bat boxes.
May 22, 2023
Tips for Moving Turtles from Roadways
Oklahoma's roads can be a dangerous place for wildlife, especially deliberate but slow-moving turtles. As you motor across the state this spring, consider lending these fellow travelers a hand with these three tips.
May 18, 2023