Corps has 3 campgrounds with full RV hookups, a boat ramp, and a swimming beach. Canton WMA offers all kinds of hunting opportunities.
Canton Lake (Google Map) is located 2 miles north of Canton and 18 miles SW of Fairview on Highway 58.
Located 2 miles north of Canton and 18 miles SW of Fairview on Highway 58.
U.S. Corps of Engineers manages campgrounds with full RV hookups, boat ramps and swimming beaches. Canton WMA offers primitive access to the North Canadian River.
- Gilchrist General Store(122 W Main St, Canton, OK 73724)- (580) 886-3200
- Roman Nose General Store(2738 Lot 301, OK-8A, Watonga, OK 73772)- (580) 623-7750
- Walmart Supercenter (Weatherford)(1349 Eagle Rd, Weatherford, OK 73096)- (580) 772-1408
- Walmart Supercenter (Kingfisher)(200 Starlite Dr, Kingfisher, OK 73750)- (405) 375-5743
- Walmart Supercenter (Enid)(5505 W Owen K Garriott Rd, Enid, OK 73703)- (580) 237-7963
- Atwoods (Enid)(5418 W Owen K Garriott Rd, Enid, OK 73703)- (580) 233-3700
- Academy (Enid)(4406 W Owen K Garriott Rd, Enid, OK 73703)- (580) 242-8350
- Walmart Supercenter (Woodward)(3215 Williams Ave, Woodward, OK 73801)- (580) 254-3331
- Walmart Supercenter (Alva)(914 Oklahoma Blvd, Alva, OK 73717)- (580) 327-4021
- Walmart Supercenter (El Reno)(2400 S Country Club Rd, El Reno, OK 73036)- (405) 262-7354
Fall gillnetting every year to evaluate fish population. Cedar trees are added to refurbish existing habitats.
The ramp below the spillway leads to a concrete slab for angling within the spilling basin. Canadian Recreation Authority has a concrete fishing dock with a sidewalk for easy access. For additional info contact Blaine and Dewey Counties (580) 886-2989.
May 30. Elevation is below normal (stable), water temperature 76°F and clear. (USACE Lake Level)
Bass, Largemouth Good on jerk baits, jigs around dam.
Report submitted by Brayden Hicks (Game Warden Blaine County)
Fish Species of Interest
Eagle Scout Prospect Builds Bat Boxes
A group of Scouts gathered to plan, build, and install three rocket-style bat boxes.
May 22, 2023
Tips for Moving Turtles from Roadways
Oklahoma's roads can be a dangerous place for wildlife, especially deliberate but slow-moving turtles. As you motor across the state this spring, consider lending these fellow travelers a hand with these three tips.
May 18, 2023