Foss Lake (Google Map) is located 23 miles west of Clinton on Highway 73.
Foss Lake is surrounded by Foss State Park. There are campgrounds with full RV hookups, a swimming area, fishing docks and a marina with a cafe.
- Walmart Supercenter (Elk City)- (580) 225-3003
- Lead Babies Slabs- (580) 832-5177
- Walmart Supercenter (Weatherford)- (580) 772-1408
- Castaway Bait Shop- (580) 878-2248
- Gilchrist General Store- (580) 886-3200
- Roman Nose General Store- (580) 623-7750
- Brian's Bait Shop- (580) 563-5005
- Tom Steed Bait Shop- (580) 569-2690
- Walmart Supercenter (Altus)- (580) 482-8189
- Walmart Supercenter (Woodward)- (580) 254-3331
Fall gillnetting every year to evaluate fish population. Cedar trees are added to refurbish existing habitats.
Next to the boat ramp at the Marina, there is a covered and lighted fishing dock with a sidewalk for easy access. The Marina also offers an indoor fishing dock.
May 23. Elevation is 4.0 ft. below normal (stable), water temperature 70°F and clear. (USACE Lake Level)
Walleye Good on live bait around dam.
Comments: Catfish good on dough bait and shrimp near the north side. Striped bass hybrids fair on hard baits. Bass good close to the marina.
Report submitted by Eric Puyear, B & K Bait House