Approximately half the lake falls within the Robbers Cave WMA with the western half of the lake being part of Robbers Cave State Park. About half the shoreline is fairly suitable to bank fishing. There is no developed boat ramp but a gentle sloping bank allows the launching of boats on the north side of the lake, user assumes all risks. Excellent lake for fishing from smaller craft such as canoes or Kayaks.
Coon Creek at Robbers Cave is located 6.5 miles north of Wilburton on SH 2.
- Rebel Bait Shop- (918) 297-7405
- Sardis Lake Custom Lures- (918) 942-8118
- Double K Bait & More- (918) 613-4101
- B & B Bait & Tackle- (918) 652-5117
- Lakeside One Stop- (918) 334-6180
- Walmart Supercenter (McAlester)- (918) 423-8585
- Eufaula Cove Marina- (918) 689-7723
- JJ's Bait Shop- (918) 552-2272
- Atwoods (McAlester)- (918) 429-1000
- Flamingo Fish & Marine
Lake was constructed in 1967.
Lake is stocked with Florida Bass and Channel Catfish. Surveys in 2021 revealed a stable population of Largemouth Bass with a moderate abundance of larger individuals. Fish attractors were refurbished in January 2021.
(Carlton, Coon Creek and Wayne Wallace Lakes and From Carlton Lake Dam downstream 1.5 miles to the State Park boundary)
Channel and/or blue catfish: six combined per day.
(Carlton, Coon Creek and Wayne Wallace Lakes)
Allowed methods: up to two rods and reels per person, bowfishing.
(From Carlton Lake Dam downstream 1.5 miles to the State Park boundary)
Allowed methods: only one rod and reel per person during trout season (other times up to two rods and reels per person).
Note: For more trout regulations, see Trout Regulations.