The Kiamichi River flows out of Hugo Dam about 25 miles southeast until its confluence with the Red River. There are good opportunities to catch Blue, Channel, and Flathead Catfish along with species moving up from the Red River such as Paddlefish and Alligator Gar.
Approximately 6 miles east of Hugo Oklahoma.
- Red Barn Propane - Bait, Tackle(2926 US-Hwy 70, Hugo, OK 74743)- (580) 317-9479
- Walmart Supercenter (Hugo)(1911 E Jackson St, Hugo, OK 74743)- (580) 326-6494
- JC's Store(4456 Pine Creek Rd, Valliant, OK 74764)- (580) 933-4957
- Walmart Supercenter (Idabel)(1907 SE Washington St, Idabel, OK 74745)- (580) 286-6696
- Walmart Supercenter (Broken Bow)(501 S Park Dr, Broken Bow, OK 74728)- (580) 584-3324
- Hookers Live Bait Fire & Ice(9114 US-259, Broken Bow, OK 74728)- (580) 236-4784
- Beavers Bend Marina(196 Marina Ln, Broken Bow, OK 74728)- (580) 722-5200
- Beavers Bend Fly Shop(545 Beavers Bend Rd, Broken Bow, OK 74728)- (580) 494-6071
- Sardis Lake Custom Lures(481 SE SW 240th Rd, Tuskahoma, OK 74574)- (918) 942-8118
- Playin Hooky Bait Tackle and More(1071 S Mississippi Ave, Atoka, OK 74525)- (580) 239-0104
Trotlines, throwlines, snagging, bowfishing, and noodling prohibited from Hugo Dam downstream to first railroad bridge. (Also see “Tailwaters” regulations; and shad restrictions on Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS)).
Eagle Scout Prospect Builds Bat Boxes
A group of Scouts gathered to plan, build, and install three rocket-style bat boxes.
May 22, 2023
Tips for Moving Turtles from Roadways
Oklahoma's roads can be a dangerous place for wildlife, especially deliberate but slow-moving turtles. As you motor across the state this spring, consider lending these fellow travelers a hand with these three tips.
May 18, 2023